layout

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Misc./Awesome news!! :)

I start my internship at a Dental Office today! WOOT! WOOT! I'm not nervous just excited..Its helping because I already know the people in there because that is the dentist I go to. I'm just excited that I'm out of the classroom and away from the complainers about everything. Overall, I'm EXCITED! WAHOO!!! :)

So, for those of you that don't know...I'm a BIG Biggest Loser fan! I watch it every Tuesday night at 8:00-10:00 and schedule my life around it on Tuesdays. The other night my Home Teachers asked me if they could come over Tuesday night around 8 and I said that I was staying out at my grandparents house because my pap needs me! haha. anyway, you should see me when i watch this show..I usually sit down and eat a bowl full of ice cream, a bag of chips and soda and watch it. I really like Mike, Filipe and Kristen. I did like Ron but after last weeks episode--not anymore. Mike and Ron are the father son team and I'm telling you what--If mike asked me to marry him right now the answer would be heck yes! but then I decided that I didn't want Ron as a father in law so that plan backfired....

Over the past few years, I really haven't had a testimony of the church. I had it when I was a kid and up until I was a sophomore in High School. I haven't even picked up the scriptures my whole life and had personal scripture reading time. A couple years ago, I asked my cousin Brandon about the church and he gave me a GREAT scripture to look at and its one of my favorites. Its Moroni 10:4 it says:

"And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost"

I always look back on that scripture and do what it says. I often look back on that night when Brandon and I had an hour and a half discussion on the church. It helped. I tried harder in life. Then, of January last year, a good friend of mine went on a misson and I remember contemplating on going on one. Then, last May, something happened and I decided that I was going to blame Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for it. So, I pulled the plan on going on a mission. A couple months ago, I had a 45 minute conversation with my cousin, Jared on the church. He challenged me, just like Brandon, to sit and read the scriptures. It was hard but I did it. When I did, I felt a rush of peace come over me. Since then, I have started to believe again. I gained a testimony of Joseph Smith, Jesus Christ and the scriptures.

Someone that has also helped me (whether she knows it or not) is my cousin Kristen. I sometimes read her blogs and what she has to say about the church and it helps me in everyway. I can tell she really loves the church and everything about it. So do the rest of my family. I haven't been to the temple since I was a Junior in high school...which is 3 YEARS!!! Whoa! I feel though with all my mistakes in life, I don't feel worthy enough to go in but one of these days...I will. I want to go with people that have helped me in every shape and form.

Since talking to my cousins about the church, reading the scriptures, and going to Institute I have felt that the church is true. I don't like to admit it, but its true. I have a testimony of Joseph Smith, and Jesus Christ. There are still kinks that I have to work on but I know I'll get them. I'm thankful for everyone that has helped me along the way. One of my favorite songs is "Angel" by Beverly Mitchell my favorite line(s) are :

"Have you felt the strength of an angel
When you needed it the most
Lifted by those gentle wings
You know you're not alone
Every now and then I feel the peace inside
Wherever life may take me, I'm guided by that light"

I'm really thankful for my cousins. They are really awesome. For the past 13 years that we have lived out here, I have missed out on all the things going on out in Idaho. I've missed out on parties, graduations, weddings, etc. I miss having my older cousins around and its hard not having older cousins out here in Pennsylvania, but by the examples that my cousins have set for me--I can be that example for my cousins out here in PA. I really love going out there because it helps me strengthen my relationships with my family members. Just remember..FAMILIES ARE FOREVER....DANG IT!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I'm getting married the second.....THE SECOND SOMEONE ASKS ME!!! AHAHAHA!!!

1 comments:

Russ and Kristen said...

What a great post! I'm so glad to hear your testimony is growing! I really like that scripture you used too! It touched my heart to know that I help you with my little blog posts! I DO love the church and the amazing love and peace that comes with learning! I love you, Kaitlyn!!!

k