layout

Friday, July 3, 2009

GIRLS CAMP 2009!!!

This past week I had the opportunity to go to the stake Girls Camp. I had such a blast. Kris Eden was the stake camp director (REALLY good family friends of ours) and did an awesome job! The theme was "Light It Up" which was about how to be a light in peoples lives and how to be a good influence and that we all have lights within us. I think Camp was really what I needed this week. Honestly, I have never felt the spirit before and especially at camp. It was just an uplifting week. It wasn't until Wednesday night during the night hike that I had a comforting feeling come over me and had butterflys in my stomach because I knew I should go on a mission. I've regretted not doing things in my life and I know I would regret not going on one. Anyway, here are some pics. of camp....WAHOO!!!!




Abbie and I





My Mom and Aunt Jill








HAHA..Emilee and I




Emilee, Megan and I (best girls EVER)






I did a little slideshow of camp with a song that went with the theme. It wasn't the Camp song but its SO awesome and everytime I drove somewhere I listened to it...ITS AWESOME!!! I really enjoyed hanging out with everyone from my old ward and it was so nice to see that those friendships haven't changed one bit..yes, there were times where i was crazy but who isn't?? Lifes short so you gotta make the best of it. My goal for this week was to have fun and I achieved that goal. I do miss being in the YW program because it was such a great experience. I also am thankful for the "lights" in my life that have never left my side and who will continue to be there for me no matter what!!





















































































































































































































1 comments:

Bekah said...

What a great post (although you should have left that horrendous picture of me OUT!)! You really made camp fun for me this year and I loved getting to know you better. I think it's awesome that you're going to go on a mission -- you'll do an amazing job!

k